Monday, August 14, 2006

Traditional Classic Portraiture-Part One of Posing Women

Welcome back all!!! Did you guys catchup at all....wanna hear something horrible...i think I took out my camera twice in the last two weeks! Gasp in horror!!!

I'm going to do another "series" of lessons. Actually these lessons will come from my notes of a entire semester of Portraiture. Don't worry I will do a bit at a time! You know me I try not to overwhelm anyone! Also any questions please post here with your email addy or e-mail me at andie_smith@mac.com

Part One of Posing Women
There is an important distinction between full length, three quarter length, and head and shoulders poses, but the general core stucture is the same.

The Classic Feminine Pose:
1. Body turned SLIGHTLY away from camera
2. Head and body facing opposite directions
3. Head tilt toward HIGH SHOLDER (usually the one closer to the camera)

HOMEWORK:
1. look through magazines and see how even in HIgh End fashion or everyday ads photographers use these "core" elements.
2. take some feminine portraits.

7 Comments:

Blogger Miss Carrie said...

Amen sister...NO ONE should (or should want to) be photographed straight on.

Even if you look like Nicole Richie, no one looks good straight on.

9:45 PM  
Blogger ~Krystyn~ said...

Yay-thanks for the tips. I'll have to get my mom to be my model. :-)

7:29 AM  
Blogger your said...

phentermine nice :)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Miss Carrie said...

can you enlighten me on the benefits of a lens hood? besides making me look all fancy and stuff, what else does it do for me?

9:56 PM  
Blogger your said...

earn money - tramadol cool blog :)

11:12 AM  
Blogger Tamika said...

Great tips.

7:03 PM  
Anonymous clipping paths said...

Great tips. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
clip a path

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home