Friday, July 21, 2006

Q&A session

We have 1 question this week! one! Hope you guyes have a great weekend and happy shooting! I will be shooting for my portfolio.

Q: Why would one want a fixed lens? I have a 75-300 lens. I also have a kit lens, 18-55 ? How does a fixed lens compare to one of these? Thanks!

A: you know i wondered about that too until I got my 50mm 1.8 lens. I so understand now! Fixed lenses tend to have a lower f/stop. so they are faster lenses and you can get a larger aperture. Also I have founf putting my 50mm lens on my camera forces me to be creative with my shots...i have to move, or take a wider angle shotthat i would if I could zoom. Do I recoment a fixed lens.... you betcha!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Couldn't agree more! :)

4:38 PM  
Blogger Miss Carrie said...

Andie Smith...you're my hero. Seriously.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Mitchell Kraft said...

I have a question.......can you describe the differences in shooting RAW and JPG?

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home